For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Just a few of my favorite things

  • Spending time with my family
  • Kisses and Hugs from my kids
  • Snuggling with my hubby
  • Christmas
  • Singing out loud in the car
  • Reading a good book
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Seeing new places
  • PIZZA

Friday, December 7, 2007

Today I subbed in our school's Active Learning Classroom. It was hard work, but fulfilling. I love subbing in that class, it reminds me of why I started out my career path as a Speech Language Pathologist. These children have multiple disabilities and the job is very physical, but even just a smile will make these children's day. They are all just darling!

As I interact with these very special children, I realize how thankful I am for my healthy children. For the fact that they can walk and talk without difficulty. That my children can tell me they love me and hug me. And that when I tell them that I love them, they understand.

It has been rough going in this house the past few days and as we round from sorrow into a new stage of grief, tempers are flaring all around here. Everyone seems stressed and ready to blow given any chance (yes, me too). But after today, after working with children who require me to work at THEIR pace, I think I may have learned a little bit more about patience and understanding.

Today instead of being stressed, angry or frustrated, I choose to be thankful that my children have words (even if they are angry ones) and I choose to be thankful for their ability to function physically (even if they are hitting and kicking each other). I choose to be thankful that they can hear me when I tell them that I am sorry for my temper and I choose to be very thankful when they have the heart to say "it's okay mommy, I love you anyway".

Why do my best lessons always come from children?

No comments:

Blog Archive