For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Just a few of my favorite things

  • Spending time with my family
  • Kisses and Hugs from my kids
  • Snuggling with my hubby
  • Christmas
  • Singing out loud in the car
  • Reading a good book
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Seeing new places
  • PIZZA

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Today I wish all Mother's a happy mother's day! Being a mother myself, I know how demanding the job can be. But, oh, the rewards are so great!

Today I got breakfast of cereal, water, mandarin oranges and a cereal bar in bed. It was the best breakfast ever! I have the best kiddos!

There is nothing that gives me greater pleasure than being a mother. I can't think of any job I would rather be doing than this. I am grateful for the privilage to be allowed to stay at home and be a mother full time. It is a blessing from God (and from my husband).

Although today we are celebrating and having a great day, it is all with a tinge of sadness. Today is the first time in 42 years my husband will celebrate Mother's day without Bug. I know it is hard for him. It is my wish that we can honor her memory in some way today that would bring joy to Jay's heart. It shouldn't be too hard, she was a fantastic mother to Jay (and of course Jon). She was a good mother in law and a fabulous grandmother. I believe she would want us to have a fun, relaxing day full of laughter and togetherness. And,I think that is just what we are going to do!

No comments:

Blog Archive