For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Just a few of my favorite things

  • Spending time with my family
  • Kisses and Hugs from my kids
  • Snuggling with my hubby
  • Christmas
  • Singing out loud in the car
  • Reading a good book
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Seeing new places
  • PIZZA

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to my wonderful hubby! He is such an awesome father. I know my kids won't really grasp what a wonderful dad they have until they are parents themselves, but, boy, I sure get it! I look at my children and see how secure they are in themselves, how my daughter's just know they are beautiful and have value beyond measure. I look at the self assurance Jayson exudes in being the teenage child he is. All that comes from knowing you are loved unconditionally.

I can remember how excited Jay was EVERY time he found out we were pregnant. I can remember how awe struck he was EVERY time he held one of our newborn babies in his arms for the first time. And just last week my heart swelled with gratitude for presence of him in our lives as I watched him cry when our daughters took the stage.

I think that saying "anyone can be a father but it takes someone special to be a dad" really applies to my husband. He is just the kind of man who makes it to everything that is important to our children. He takes time to talk to them, play with them, snuggle them and encourage them. Ah, what a man!

My Jay learned from the best....his daddy. I can't believe this is our second year without VT and he is missed terribly. It's days like today that the scab is ripped off the wound and their is pain again. However, one of the most important things VT modeled for Jay (for us all) was faith...and through faith we hang in there knowing that ultimately we will be with VT again. I know when Jay meets VT in Heaven that VT will tell him what a fantastic dad he was to our children!

No comments:

Blog Archive