Okay, so this roller coaster ride of selling/buying a house is not so much fun. Actually, when we put our house on the market, we thought it would not sale at all. Well, it sold in 3 weeks! WOW! Then after selling, we thought, uh oh, we should find a house before we end up homeless.
So, the search begins. We actually found a house in this very neighborhood that we liked. It was a nice house, but a little high priced we thought for the neighborhood. We offered, expected a counter and some negotiations, and the agent said, we don't negotiate our price. ????? Well, okay, we move on because we know we aren't paying that price for that house. Not an option.
So, we continue to look. New, resale, anything. Jayson is saying: You promised you wouldn't take me out of my school, Hunter is saying: I like the NEW house and Katie is saying: I don't want to move! So what do we do? Lower our standards and please Jayson, pay more for a house than we want to to please Hunter. OR get sued and please Katie? What's the right answer?
We were torn yesterday. Very much so because our time is running out. Do we bid on this beautiful new construction or go to the one in the neighborhood across the street and "settle" for something we could fix up "eventually"? I was actually sick to my stomach and felt like I could throw up. I have always been excited about buying a new house, not stressed out. This just didn't seem right at all.
I simply looked at Jay and said, now is not the time to make any offer. I needed to talk to one of my wise mentor moms and get some perspective and accountability. So, I called Tammy, btw....I am so glad she is home! =) She lined me out and we decide to pray about it some more last night.
Well, today, we saw the one house that had someone gotten overlooked. And guess what, it was PERFECT! Everyone wins! Yea!!!!! Now we see why we were so sick yesterday. WE were trying to make something happen instead of just allowing God to work it all out. When something/anything is too hard or just doesn't feel right, then it usually isn't. So, I am so thankful that we had the courage to walk away from the "good deal" the new home builder was offering us yesterday and just ask God for peace.
Ah, peace....it is a beautiful feeling.
| Blog: |
| Hatfield Happenings |
Topics: |
For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
Just a few of my favorite things
- Spending time with my family
- Kisses and Hugs from my kids
- Snuggling with my hubby
- Christmas
- Singing out loud in the car
- Reading a good book
- Hanging out with friends
- Seeing new places
- PIZZA
Monday, July 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- November (8)
- December (8)
- January (4)
- February (5)
- March (3)
- April (5)
- May (4)
- June (4)
- July (5)
- August (3)
- September (9)
- October (5)
- November (9)
- December (9)
- January (5)
- February (1)
- March (3)
- April (6)
- May (2)
- June (4)
- July (1)
- August (2)
- January (1)
- February (1)
- March (1)
- April (2)
- May (1)
- June (1)
- July (2)
No comments:
Post a Comment