How many times have we as parents heard "practice what you preach?" I know I have heard it a thousand time. Well, I realized how wise this saying really is when my son came downstairs to inform me that he wanted to take one of his sick friends dinner.
How many times have I done the same? Had him walk food to the neighbors door for me, made him help me carry food into a friends home? Countless times. It's what I do when my friends are hurting or need some help.
And to have my son model that is unbelievable to me. It shows me that not only is he modeling what he sees, but he is thinking about others with compassion. WOW!
Thank you God for showing me that my work is producing fruit!
Now, of course, I won't write about the "other" stuff he may watching me do....let's focus on the good! =)
| Blog: |
| Hatfield Happenings |
Topics: |
For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
Just a few of my favorite things
- Spending time with my family
- Kisses and Hugs from my kids
- Snuggling with my hubby
- Christmas
- Singing out loud in the car
- Reading a good book
- Hanging out with friends
- Seeing new places
- PIZZA
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- November (8)
- December (8)
- January (4)
- February (5)
- March (3)
- April (5)
- May (4)
- June (4)
- July (5)
- August (3)
- September (9)
- October (5)
- November (9)
- December (9)
- January (5)
- February (1)
- March (3)
- April (6)
- May (2)
- June (4)
- July (1)
- August (2)
- January (1)
- February (1)
- March (1)
- April (2)
- May (1)
- June (1)
- July (2)
No comments:
Post a Comment