For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Just a few of my favorite things

  • Spending time with my family
  • Kisses and Hugs from my kids
  • Snuggling with my hubby
  • Christmas
  • Singing out loud in the car
  • Reading a good book
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Seeing new places
  • PIZZA

Friday, November 21, 2008

Home

Well, yesterday was a blur. We were at the surgery center very early and back home very early. Katie did excellent during the surgery and pretty good after. When she woke though and looked at me she started crying...then I started crying and daddy had to step in and take over. (Side note: when I figure how to get that picture from my cell phone to this blog, I will post it). She snuggled in on his lap and went right back to sleep. I have to tell you, Mommy's are so important, but sometimes you just can't make it without a daddy. So, kudos to our dad!

Anyway, she had a good day yesterday, A good night last night and so far this morning all is well. She is doing what she loves best CRAFTS! I stocked up on those before the surgery.

The only struggle we have is that she does NOT like the taste of her medicine. This is not a surprise considering she is very taste/smell sensitive. She even cried yesterday when we tried to give it to her and said "I can't swallow without my tonsils!" And the medicine does give her "psuedo" energy. She was caught climbing the shelves in the pantry yesterday looking for sprinkles for her ice cream. UGH!

Our prayer requests are that she can make it through the nights without the pain meds so that she can settle down and sleep and that she would not have any complications during the healing.

*she got these balloons and stuffed animal from Sissy Karen and Great Gran....they made her very happy!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Blog Archive