Anyway, this picture says a lot to me.
You see, we put up our tree early since Katie is having tonsils out on the 20th. That way the "hard part" is done and she can enjoy looking at the tree on her sick days. So, this year, it was Katie's turn to put up the star. You probably can't tell, but that tree is over 8 feet tall. But, she was going to have her turn. After all, she may be little, but she is mighty!
So, Jay brings out the ladder and puts her on it. Without even the slightest hesitation, she heads up. Of course Jay is right behind her. But look at her and look at him. She isn't the least bit afraid and she is on that top step and reaching way over to put the star on. But she is also holding onto her daddy and the amazing thing is that she is just confident he is NOT going to let her fall. His strong arm is there to hold her and she trusts that he will do what he has told her he would do.
Every time I see (literally) a moment like this, it amazes me. I didn't have that when I was her age, so I am often taken back at the trust she has in her daddy. I am overwhelmed that this little girl trusts that when daddy is there, no harm is going to come to her. She is going to be just fine. No matter what the situation is.
Hmmmm, guess there is a lesson in that for all of us. Don't we all have a Heavenly Daddy that we need to trust like that?
*Side note: Daddy did take care of Katie, but the star didn't fare so well......but that's another story! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment