For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Just a few of my favorite things

  • Spending time with my family
  • Kisses and Hugs from my kids
  • Snuggling with my hubby
  • Christmas
  • Singing out loud in the car
  • Reading a good book
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Seeing new places
  • PIZZA

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Our house

This is our first Christmas in our new house. HOW EXCITING! I am so busy getting ready for the company that is coming. So busy in fact that I have no idea how everything will get done. But, Jay reminded me today of that devotion (you know, the one that won't go away: Mary, Martha, Proverbs 31 woman????) and told me to quit being Martha. Side note: Thanks Kyung for bringing that up again in church on Sunday! Jay mentioned that I shouldn't worry about the house, the food,or the errands and just focus on being thankful for the family that is coming.

It's been hard. At first I tried to argue with him that he didn't really care (the same way I care) about how the house looks, about what kind of food we feed our guests, or about having the sheets all clean for people when they get here. And not to mention,this IS our first Christmas in a new house and we have to figure out where everything goes. You know, the new SPOT for the tree. Where exactly should one hang the mistletoe so that everyone (and I mean everyone) walks under it at some point? Where do the 20 million lights that we have collected over the years look best? Oh wait, I can answer that last one. If you've seen the pictures, obviously outside! LOL The new neighbors think our last name is Griswald and they are waiting for the RV with our WV family to show up at any time. Luckily our family flies here and leaves the RV at home! ; )

But now, it's time for me to throw in the towel. I give up trying to get it all done. I am going to take Jay's advice (shhhh, don't tell him) and I am going to focus on the real deal from here on out. Blessings! Number 1) Christmas is Christmas because it is the day God gave us Jesus. Jesus, our Savior. Number 2) New house big enough to have family come stay with us. Number 3) FAMILY coming to stay with us (10 days by the time they all come in and out) Number 4) I get another Christmas with my Mamaw (every year I think I won't see her at the next one). Number 5) EVERYTHING ELSE (The list is really too long to write).

So, ya'll hold me accountable. It's time for me to stop being Martha and let a little of my Mary show.

MMMMMMM, wonder if those women will ever let me be?

No comments:

Blog Archive