And I am not talking the Superbowl.....I am talking about the Grace Fusion Bowl. Man oh man, it's getting tense around here. Actually, for me it gets funnier by the day. My dear husband is so psyched about this tournament that I can't help but to giggle out loud. Yesterday it was the talk of practice that got me giggling. Today it was the "borrowed" cleats.
He's been working with Dan on this for about a month now and the banter is heating up. "You are going down on Saturday!" "My team is getting that first round bye" "My team is going to WIN this!" And it's funny, every guy I hear says "my team is going to win!" Gotta give that self confidence some kuddos! What would my kids call this banter? Oh yeah, SMACK TALK!
So tomorrow's the big day, I can't wait to see all the action. Of course, I will be there cheering my man on, but I will be praying too, praying he doesn't get his silly self hurt in any way.
And after the game, the chili cook off! And here's a bit of a bunny trail, but I need to mention that I haven't heard the women smack talking the chili contest. Is it that I just haven't heard it or are women just "more polite"? Me, I'd go with more polite, but I am not a smack talker. I am more of the encourager "Oh, I am sure your chili is going to win because you are such a great cook!" LOL
When all is said and done, Coach Joe Mcbride will be a guest speaker to wrap up the evening. He will be talking about God and Football...imagine that they can go together! This house holds Coach Mcbride in very high regards. It is rare that a Coach not only talks the talk, but walks the walk. So, if you are a parent reading this and your child is going to be or is currently under Coach Mcbride's direction next year, you ought to come and hear this man speak. It will give you comfort to know your child is being mentored to by this man.
And speaking of child....did I mention my son is on this team too? My lightweight son is playing on a team with some pretty big guys. His daddy better not let him get hurt or Mama WILL be doing some smack talk around this house!
When all is said and done and the smack talk is put aside (I am assuming one day it WILL be put aside), this is going to be a great day of Christian fellowship and I do believe it will be a day that brings glory to God. And I am proud of Jay, Dan and the rest of the team for pulling it all together. Good job guys!
| Blog: |
| Hatfield Happenings |
Topics: |
For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
Just a few of my favorite things
- Spending time with my family
- Kisses and Hugs from my kids
- Snuggling with my hubby
- Christmas
- Singing out loud in the car
- Reading a good book
- Hanging out with friends
- Seeing new places
- PIZZA
Friday, January 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- November (8)
- December (8)
- January (4)
- February (5)
- March (3)
- April (5)
- May (4)
- June (4)
- July (5)
- August (3)
- September (9)
- October (5)
- November (9)
- December (9)
- January (5)
- February (1)
- March (3)
- April (6)
- May (2)
- June (4)
- July (1)
- August (2)
- January (1)
- February (1)
- March (1)
- April (2)
- May (1)
- June (1)
- July (2)
No comments:
Post a Comment