For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Just a few of my favorite things

  • Spending time with my family
  • Kisses and Hugs from my kids
  • Snuggling with my hubby
  • Christmas
  • Singing out loud in the car
  • Reading a good book
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Seeing new places
  • PIZZA

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Truth Project

Jay and I have been doing the Truth Project with a great group of men and women. I am enjoying this (what do we call it?????) "study" more than anything I have ever done before.

Part of the reason I think I am enjoying it is because it is all about TRUTH! My heart had been yearning for truth to prevail for a while. I have prayed for it and coveted it for close to 6 months now. And God has given me the desires of my heart by placing me in this group.

Here is what I have learned so far. God is God. The Bible is His Word. You believe it or you don't. There is NO IN BETWEEN.

So, even though I am guilty of sin (aren't we all), I am truly praying that in situations all around me God would just keep revealing truth to me. And that He would use me to show truth to other people.

Because, here is another truth, Jesus is coming back to take his reign one day. And I can't help but to think that Christians all over this world are praying for him to come sooner rather than later because this world is so screwed up that it isn't a place many of us are going to want to be in if things get much worse. And people are going to be so blinded by the lies and half truths that they are going to miss out on the chance to go to Heaven.

Preachy today? I guess so, but when I hear people complaining how bad their world is and I see the choices they make, I wonder what they think their consequences should be? If we continue, as a nation, to deny Christ, we ARE going to suffer consequences (bad economy, loss of jobs, stinky stock market, etc etc etc). It is yet, another TRUTH.

No comments:

Blog Archive