For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Just a few of my favorite things

  • Spending time with my family
  • Kisses and Hugs from my kids
  • Snuggling with my hubby
  • Christmas
  • Singing out loud in the car
  • Reading a good book
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Seeing new places
  • PIZZA

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Coffee Talk

So next month I am speaking for the ladies at our church's monthly meeting of Coffee Talk. It's a fun group of women gathering to hear a spiritual speaker and spend time growing together in Christ. I was so honored to have been asked in November and then disappointed when I had to cancel due to Bug's death. However, Lorraine called me to re-schedule! What a huge compliment....she thought I was worth re-scheduling!

I am used to speaking in front of MOPS, but strangers will be different. I will be baring my soul to people who don't know me! Just a little scary.

My "talk" is about finding the Unexpected (or hidden) blessings in life. I find it ironic that I actually wrote on this subject BEFORE V.T.'s death, BEFORE Bug's death, BEFORE the year 2007. However, when I go back to re-evaluate it, I still maintain that for each circumstance in life, God will reveal a blessing. He doesn't always do it right away, but eventually I find that He does show me that each occurring moment in my life has been a stepping stone for the next and how he fits each stone so perfectly into the path that is my life. I love "aha" moments when I finally put a piece of the puzzle together and see why God has allowed a circumstance to happen in my life. It just reaffirms that He has a good and perfect plan for my life. That He is paving my way and all I have to do is follow Him.

My "talk" is a lot of my story, my testimony. Looking back, the first half of my life was rough. But, if God asked me if I wanted a different childhood given what I know today, I would have to say "no". Because it is in looking back at the stepping stones of my younger years, that I begin to see that those stones have been arranged into a beautiful pathway. My pathway may get cracks in it sometimes, and it might at times be an uphill path, but it always has beautiful scenery along the way and the promise of a rainbow at the end.

I pray for God to use my story to help the ladies find some of the blessings they were looking for. I pray for Him to give me the perfect words to speak. I am so honored to be his vessel and I ask that you would all pray for me to make a difference and an impact for Jesus because after all, THAT would be one BIG blessing to add to my path!

No comments:

Blog Archive