For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Just a few of my favorite things

  • Spending time with my family
  • Kisses and Hugs from my kids
  • Snuggling with my hubby
  • Christmas
  • Singing out loud in the car
  • Reading a good book
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Seeing new places
  • PIZZA

Monday, February 4, 2008

Superbowl Sunday

Yesterday was a HUGE day for us. BIG! Jay was so nervous it was really adorable. I just loved watching him get all prepared and get everything just right for the big moment......and guess what, I am NOT talking about the Superbowl (those of you who know Jay is a Cowboy fan knew that anyway!).

Yesterday morning Jay had to give a speech. I would have to say, the biggest of his life. A lot was on the line. He has spoken to big groups, important groups, influential groups, but never did an audience matter like the one he spoke to yesterday.

Jay had to give a speech about his love and adoration of our dear Hunter. Her Princess and the Kiss class had a Daddy/Daughter brunch yesterday morning and the featured speakers were THE DADS! The topic was "How special you (my daughter) are to me!"

Jay must have spent 4 days on his speech. It had to be perfect. He wanted Hunter to know just how special she really is. Hunter is a middle child and our very quiet, willing to please child. Sometimes I know she must really feel under-appreciated. But, yesterday the spotlight was on her! I would have loved to have been in that room. I wanted to hear it all so badly, but this was the Daddy/Daughter day. Special for Jay and Hunter.

I won't know all that happened, but the highlights warm my heart. Jay, of course, got choked up and my sweet little girl was touched to the point of tears (For our stoic Hunter that is saying a lot). I think it was a perfect speech. And when she came home, she gave her Dad this note that says "I love you Daddy" and it is now proudly displayed on Jay's bulletin board in his office.

How lucky are my daughter's that they can tangibly see the love their father has for them? How lucky am I to get to see it all played out in front of me. The power of our earthly father's love can not be overstated. It is just the most amazing gift a dad could give a daughter. In my opinion, the tone of her life will be set by knowing how much her father adores her. My girls are so incredibly blessed. God just knew that Jay would be the perfect dad for them. In Jay's love for the girls, I see a model of how our Heavenly Father loves us all, what he will do just for us and it is truly an amazing revelation for me.

Hunter will cherish the memory of this Super Sunday for the rest of her life. When she starts to feel overwhelmed or like she isn't valued in this society, she can always think back to yesterday and know beyond a shadow of a doubt, that her Daddy loves her. And it is my prayer that through knowing that her Daddy loves her, she can easily know how much her Heavenly Father loves her too!


And yes, we did watch the big game, but I must say, the Superbowl simply can't compare (sorry Giants fans!). But it was a good way to end our very own Super Sunday!

No comments:

Blog Archive