For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Just a few of my favorite things

  • Spending time with my family
  • Kisses and Hugs from my kids
  • Snuggling with my hubby
  • Christmas
  • Singing out loud in the car
  • Reading a good book
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Seeing new places
  • PIZZA

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Jay

Tomorrow (Jan 4th) is Jay's birthday. It always sneaks up on me since it's so close to Christmas. We try to make it a special day for him, but it still doesn't seem to get the "hoopla" I think birthdays deserve. I do birthdays big in this house. After all, the birth of my husband and my children are MY most precious gifts.

Isn't it ironic that it's Jay's birthday and I am the one who gets the gift? I get the gift of Jay's love, respect, kindness, stability, never ending support......yes, I could go on and on but you get the picture. So, I was thinking that since it's proper etiquette to write a thank you note for a gift, I think I might just do that:

Dear God,
Thank you so much for the gift of my husband. As I celebrate the day of his birth, I praise you for the man you have given to me and our children. You knew before Jay was born that he would be the perfect husband for me and the perfect father to our children. I thank you so much for giving me a husband who loves not only us, but YOU first and foremost. I thank You for his heart, his spirit, his mind, and his health. I stand back and marvel at the plan You have laid out for my family and I sometimes can't grasp the favor you have shown me by giving me this man to walk my journey of life with.
With all my heart, thank you!
Kristy



No comments:

Blog Archive