For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Just a few of my favorite things

  • Spending time with my family
  • Kisses and Hugs from my kids
  • Snuggling with my hubby
  • Christmas
  • Singing out loud in the car
  • Reading a good book
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Seeing new places
  • PIZZA

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Welcome 2008!

Is it 2008 already? Well, you won't hear from me that old saying "WOW! Time flies" or "Where did the time go?". Nope, you won't because I think my family was ready to be rid of 2007! Wow, that year won't go down in our family memory books as a favorite. So, bring on the New Year, it can only be better than last year. Right?

As we found the funk descending over our home after my Aunt and Grandmother left yesterday, we tried to come up with good things that happened in 2007. We tried to find some light in our dark year. We saw Katie go to Kindergarten (WAS that a good thing?), we saw Jayson score his first touchdown in football (THAT was a good thing), we had an awesome family vacation in Disney, Jay was blessed with a wonderful opportunity in a new job, and (most importantly) we were overwhelmed by the love and support of our church family and dearest of friends. Yes, there were glimpses of light in our 2007.

Still, we are ready to kiss it goodbye and move on to 2008. I am not one for resolutions, I would prefer to wait and see what God has in store for me. I have found that often, my plans are so very different from His and also, that His are so much better than I could have ever imagined. So, instead of resolving about anything, I think I will wait and see what God has in store.

So,as we go into 2008 (still in a bit of a funk) I will choose to wait for God's plans for me and my family and believe that when the darkness comes, God will send the light for us again. He doesn't promise us that this year will be easy, but he has worked on our hearts enough to let us know we will be okay. Because no matter what, He will bring the light.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Amen to that sister! I was so ready to leave 2006 behind and move forward so I certainly understand the feeling. Praises for all the good that He will bless you with in the coming year!
Love ya,
Lori

Blog Archive