Surgery in the morning!
Just a quick update to ask everyone to pray for Hunter as she goes into surgery tomorrow morning. She is having her adenoids removed and her sinus blockages cleared. She should feel much better when she awakes.
You know, I remain amazed at how calm we are about this surgery. I remember years ago when Jayson had his tubes put in. I was a wreck. New mommy? Well, maybe, but I tend to think it is more that I was a new believer. I don't really think I had come to grasp at that time the peace that God could offer me if I would let Him.
In my small moment of panic about a possible reaction to anesthesia (after all she is allergic to everything and that's what has brought us to this surgery), my dear friend Sheryl reminded me that God is in control and there is no fear to be had. And that gentle reminder is all it took to calm me back down.
Don't get me wrong, I do not like seeing my child go into a place where I have no control. But knowing, really knowing that the master physician is in there with her sure does make it a lot more peaceful.
| Blog: |
| Hatfield Happenings |
Topics: |
For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
Just a few of my favorite things
- Spending time with my family
- Kisses and Hugs from my kids
- Snuggling with my hubby
- Christmas
- Singing out loud in the car
- Reading a good book
- Hanging out with friends
- Seeing new places
- PIZZA
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- November (8)
- December (8)
- January (4)
- February (5)
- March (3)
- April (5)
- May (4)
- June (4)
- July (5)
- August (3)
- September (9)
- October (5)
- November (9)
- December (9)
- January (5)
- February (1)
- March (3)
- April (6)
- May (2)
- June (4)
- July (1)
- August (2)
- January (1)
- February (1)
- March (1)
- April (2)
- May (1)
- June (1)
- July (2)
1 comment:
We'll be praying for a safe and successful procedure. Both of our girls have had their adenoids removed, and they have both experienced relief from their most severe allergy symptoms and the once constant sinus infections.
Post a Comment