Okay, I am not saying Daddy's aren't important....NOT AT ALL! But let me just tell you what a mother can do...
As you all know our house is on the market. Well, we had been having a rather slow week so I guess we have let our guard down just a bit and were thinking we could just "be normal" around here today. Not messy, just lazy. I had told Pastor Kyung I would watch his darling children tonight and the girls and I were really looking forward to it.
So, this afternoon we are off to the Salon to get haircuts and after we finished them up I had about 2 hours before babysitting time. Well, guess what...SHOWING! I call Jay and frantically tell him to start the drill. Our kids have gotten really good at knowing their jobs. Jayson vacuum, Hunter open all the blinds, turn on the lights. Katie....well, Katie just don't make a mess and you are doing a good job! ;)
So, I have to call and arrange for Pastor Kyung to meet me at the park to drop off his kids because the showing is (of course) scheduled for the same time he is bringing his kids to me. However, we are getting good at being spys and saw that the buyers would be gone before he would get here so I called and had him come to the house instead. No need to give me a stroller or car seat, we are in for the night and I can't imagine we would need them.
Jay heads to a ballgame, Jayson a play and the girls and I have a 2 1/2 year old and a 6 month old in the floor having pizza and watching a movie. You know what's coming don't you????? The same lady would like to come back! NOW!
So, I grab the baby, put him in the carrier, have Hunter do her job and I clean up the pizza. We grab the dog dishes, throw them in the garage and put all the baby stuff in the car. Fortunately in 45 minutes we hadn't undressed, cooked or done anything crazy to the house. We put Cayden in Katie's booster seat, Zander in the baby carrier which (thankfully) can be seat belted in to my car and then throw the dogs in with us. We got out with a moment to spare! So, where does a mother go with 4 kids and 2 dogs? Well, to be honest there aren't many options. We decided on the park at the end of the street. That way we didn't have to get on the "big" road and endanger anyone and the park is a good place for humans. The dogs, on the other hand, had to sit in my locked car which was running the whole time to give them air conditioning.
Now, I know Dads are superheroes....but Moms rock. It was stressful for me, but quite simply, Jay would have been pulling his hair out. I guess this is why I get paid the big bucks huh? ;)
| Blog: |
| Hatfield Happenings |
Topics: |
For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
Just a few of my favorite things
- Spending time with my family
- Kisses and Hugs from my kids
- Snuggling with my hubby
- Christmas
- Singing out loud in the car
- Reading a good book
- Hanging out with friends
- Seeing new places
- PIZZA
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- November (8)
- December (8)
- January (4)
- February (5)
- March (3)
- April (5)
- May (4)
- June (4)
- July (5)
- August (3)
- September (9)
- October (5)
- November (9)
- December (9)
- January (5)
- February (1)
- March (3)
- April (6)
- May (2)
- June (4)
- July (1)
- August (2)
- January (1)
- February (1)
- March (1)
- April (2)
- May (1)
- June (1)
- July (2)
1 comment:
Kristy, it is so good to hear that other moms have the same "oh my gosh!" moments!
I agree dads are made to play and encourage moms later. But definitely not built for stress.
Post a Comment