Do you ever have those days where you are wondering why you are doing the job you do? Do you ever wonder if there is something bigger, better out there for you?
I have to admit, I sometimes do that. As a stay at home mom, I often wonder if I should be out there contributing financially to this family. If I should be using that Master's degree I worked so hard to get. I think that maybe I would have more respect from friends and family if I had a job that earned an income. Oh, and I also think I would definitely be using my brain so much more. I often think my ability to remember anything is based on my 9 year old reminding me on a regular basis. SHE doesn't forget a thing.
Now, I said I only wonder about the state of my job SOMEtimes......other times I am perfectly content with my occupation. Especially this morning as I sit here looking out our window and start thinking about how happy it made me to shuffle teenagers to church and home last night. How fun it was interacting with them all and how rewarding it was when I realized that the girls' parents just adore my son.
Then my thoughts start wandering to how wondeful it is to have 2 little girls who think I rock! They tell me regularly that they love me and always want hugs and kisses from me.
It's not money, but it IS contentment. Actually, it is so more than that. I feel satisfied, joyful, blessed, proud, loved, and worthy.
I think I will keep my job!
| Blog: |
| Hatfield Happenings |
Topics: |
For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
Just a few of my favorite things
- Spending time with my family
- Kisses and Hugs from my kids
- Snuggling with my hubby
- Christmas
- Singing out loud in the car
- Reading a good book
- Hanging out with friends
- Seeing new places
- PIZZA
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- November (8)
- December (8)
- January (4)
- February (5)
- March (3)
- April (5)
- May (4)
- June (4)
- July (5)
- August (3)
- September (9)
- October (5)
- November (9)
- December (9)
- January (5)
- February (1)
- March (3)
- April (6)
- May (2)
- June (4)
- July (1)
- August (2)
- January (1)
- February (1)
- March (1)
- April (2)
- May (1)
- June (1)
- July (2)
1 comment:
Awesome! You are living out what George said on Sunday!
Post a Comment