For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Just a few of my favorite things

  • Spending time with my family
  • Kisses and Hugs from my kids
  • Snuggling with my hubby
  • Christmas
  • Singing out loud in the car
  • Reading a good book
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Seeing new places
  • PIZZA

Saturday, August 30, 2008

random thoughts

I realize that it has been ages now since I have updated my blog. Hmmm, guess I am just a bit busy these days. Wonder how that happens?

I have been doing a lot of work around the house and been getting the kids settled in school. Along with that comes all the other fun stuff. Dance, football, choir, more football. And, I really mean it,IT is fun. I enjoy watching my kids do the things they love.

But alas, it is football season again and as my husband sits in front of his 65 inch screen TV watching football, I thought I would take a few moments to do what I love....WRITE! ha!

This last week has been a mixed bag of emotions. I watched my 2 girls start a new school and felt so sad for them that I could barely hold back my own tears. However, on Friday I was so proud of them for finding new friends and figuring out their new school so quickly. Hunter already joined the choir! As a little bunny trail note....God was so good to us, he put a little girl from church in Hunter's new class! Instant friend! It was wonderful to watch little Henley be so helpful and nurturing to Hunter.

We had to start early morning football practices this week. My heart breaks for Jayson to head out so early and to have to work so hard all day, but when I look at him on that field, I see the hard work pay off and I (again) am so proud of him I can't stand it. And he has matured so much since last year that he doesn't complain at all anymore and actually says practice is fun. Practice? Fun? I think Jayson's body has been taken over by aliens.....oh wait, that can't be, it's already been taken over by HORMONES!


We got to have our dear friends the Adlers over Friday for lunch. What a blessing it was to spend that time with them. And to see Ralph looking so strong and driving himself to a doctor's appt was terrific. Tammy got to spend a little extra time with me after he left and as always the time went by too quickly. And even now as I think of how dear Tammy is to me, I find myself tearing up. I can not explain how blessed I am to have her as my friend.

Tonight I dropped 7 teens at church for a back to school party. 4 of them will be spending the night here. My emotions range from stress to thankfulness that we are a home where children want to be. Thankfulness for the home that is provided so that we can have these children here.

So, what's next? Well, we have teens here for 2 days next weekend for back to school church retreat. You know what? I can't wait! Then we get them every Wednesday night for Youth group. It's going to be awesome. I love seeing these kids get into the Bible and grow together. It's amazing.

When I really stop and think about how our moving process went, I have to think God has pieced this all together for us so that finally we can open our home to kids. Jay and I are blessed with a strong marriage grounded in faith. Our children are blessed with parents who love each other and THEM so much that we would do anything for them or each other. And sadly, I have come to see that there are several children out there who never get this experience. Well, we can't be their parents, but we sure can be their light. And we'll just call this home the lighthouse!

No comments:

Blog Archive