So, we got moved into this house, got the boxes unpacked and everything I didn't know what to do with, piled in the dining room. We would be what I would call "functioning" in the new house. But, for those of you who know me AND my husband, we don't just do "functioning", we prefer "organized".
As many times as we have moved, we have it down to an art. But this time, I had a kink in my plans.
You may remember reading in an earlier blog that I had promised my children each a "mommy and me" time this summer. Well, Jayson's was easy....."take me to play paintball". I took him and a friend to the field, sat on a bench and watched them play paintball for 3 hours then took them to dinner. No sweat. I was able to get it in before the move.
Well, Hunter reminded me last week that she and Katie had not had their turn and school was starting in 3 weeks! WHAT?????? Oh, and Jayson's birthday was on one of the weekends between now and school starting. Jay and I decided that we must act quickly.
With turmoil all around me, how could I possibly take 2 days off? Do you know how much I could accomplish in one weekend with Jay not working and helping me? Did I really PROMISE that I would take them to a hotel to stay overnight? I guess I did.
Reluctantly we made hotel reservations....Katie and I would go on Friday night and Hunter and I would go Saturday night with Daddy doing the switch out. I have to tell you that honestly, I could hardly get myself out the door. There is just so much left to do here.
But, I loaded Katie up and our first stop was the American Girl Place for lunch in the Bistro. From the moment we got into the car, her voice was so excited. It was contagious. I started to get excited too. After all, it's not often Katie and I get to spend time alone (now that she is in school). Katie is so sweet and so much fun to be with. We had an awesome afternoon at the store. We then went swimming, ordered room service and went swimming again (her idea). The next morning we went to see Kit Kittridge and then meet Hunter and Daddy. Poor little gal was crying when she had to leave me. Broke my heart!
Hunter and I made our first stop at the mall. She wanted to shop. She hit every one of her favorite stores looking for bargains. I love to shop and Hunter is a natural (much to her daddy's dismay). It's a mother's dream come true to have a built in shopping buddy. She is so grown up and easy to talk to, so while shopping we had some really good discussions about life. We then did dinner at the mall and headed to the hotel for (yep) swimming. The next day, she and I hit the American Girl Store for shopping and lunch. (It's a good thing the food there is good!) Then we headed home.
You know what, I had the most fantastic weekend! I can't believe I dragged my feet on giving my time to my precious children. What a blessing it was for me to have them all to myself and watch them get excited about every little detail of our trip. I watched each of them intently and was able to stop and actually SEE the women they are becoming. I saw myself and Jay in each of them. I realized that (and all glory goes to our God), Jay and I have made some amazing children. I also realized how grateful I am to have gotten the chance to have them all to myself for 48 hours!
| Blog: |
| Hatfield Happenings |
Topics: |
For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
Just a few of my favorite things
- Spending time with my family
- Kisses and Hugs from my kids
- Snuggling with my hubby
- Christmas
- Singing out loud in the car
- Reading a good book
- Hanging out with friends
- Seeing new places
- PIZZA
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- November (8)
- December (8)
- January (4)
- February (5)
- March (3)
- April (5)
- May (4)
- June (4)
- July (5)
- August (3)
- September (9)
- October (5)
- November (9)
- December (9)
- January (5)
- February (1)
- March (3)
- April (6)
- May (2)
- June (4)
- July (1)
- August (2)
- January (1)
- February (1)
- March (1)
- April (2)
- May (1)
- June (1)
- July (2)
1 comment:
Congrats on your new house!! I can't wait to see it ;)
Post a Comment