And I just have to share with you all about it.
Okay, so tonight was our first night of football. Jayson was really nervous because his positions have changed a bit. Daddy could tell you all about that, I just watch and cheer. Who cares what they are called....lineman, linebacker, receiver...yada yada yada
Anyway, I was praying on the way to the game for Jayson's safety above all else, and then I remembered something Jay had said about Nehemiah. Jay has been leading the high school coaches in the study of Nehemiah and it says that we can pray for specifics like Nehemiah did (even if that means asking God to allow a win for our team). So, I said "God, first and foremost I ask you to keep Jayson safe. And, I specifically request that tonight you give him something to feel good about when he leaves that game. I am asking you to give Jayson something to hold onto that makes him proud of his performance and proud to be playing on the team."
I knew I would have to watch out for Jayson because this year his number changed. I didn't know what it was going to be, so I needed to look for him without his helmet on to spot him. He didn't request his good ole number 18 this year (it's been his number for 4 years) and his coaches were randomly (RANDOMLY) assigning numbers today so he couldn't tell me what his number was going to be this morning.
I spotted him, called Jay (who is missing the first game ever and it is killing him) and said "well, Jayson is number 35 this year instead of 18." And do you know what Jay said? He said "Kristy, that was my Dad's number when he played football."
Okay, so I lost it right there in the bleachers. God was giving me what I had asked for. You see, Papaw was Jayson's biggest cheerleader. He went to every football game weather would permit him to see. I have pictures of him with a purple streak in his hair for one of our championship games. He LIVED to see Jayson play ball. He told me he had prayed and asked God to allow him to live to watch Jayson play football. VT loved football and he was so proud of Jayson when he played.
Jayson had a great game. He DID come off that field very proud of himself. I did stop our celebration long enough to ask "did you pick that number or did you just randomly get it". He said "they just gave it to me, why?" And, through my tears, I told him that this number was the exact same one his grandfather wore when he played football so many years ago. Jayson replied, this time with a very quiet pride, "so my papaw was with me tonight."
Yes, my God is an awesome God!
| Blog: |
| Hatfield Happenings |
Topics: |
For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
Just a few of my favorite things
- Spending time with my family
- Kisses and Hugs from my kids
- Snuggling with my hubby
- Christmas
- Singing out loud in the car
- Reading a good book
- Hanging out with friends
- Seeing new places
- PIZZA
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- November (8)
- December (8)
- January (4)
- February (5)
- March (3)
- April (5)
- May (4)
- June (4)
- July (5)
- August (3)
- September (9)
- October (5)
- November (9)
- December (9)
- January (5)
- February (1)
- March (3)
- April (6)
- May (2)
- June (4)
- July (1)
- August (2)
- January (1)
- February (1)
- March (1)
- April (2)
- May (1)
- June (1)
- July (2)
1 comment:
Our God is an Awesome God!! What a great God moment you were able to share together!
Post a Comment