For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Just a few of my favorite things

  • Spending time with my family
  • Kisses and Hugs from my kids
  • Snuggling with my hubby
  • Christmas
  • Singing out loud in the car
  • Reading a good book
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Seeing new places
  • PIZZA

Saturday, September 13, 2008

My poor baby

My poor little Katie has had a rough week this past week. Starting a new school has been a bit difficult for her. She is a bit like her brother in the fact that she doesn't like change. So, knowing this about her, we have tried to be very patient and love on her lots. Her teachers have been amazing at giving her lots of love and ME lots of reassurance.

So, yesterday was a better day and not too many tears. Sissy Tara, Brookie and I went to have lunch with her and stayed for recess. We left with smiles and the promise I would call her friend's mother to ask about a playdate.

So, when I went to pick her up we were very excited to get on our bikes and ride home (our first day ever of bike riding to school) for a great weekend. Well, don't you know on the way home she had a crash. Not just a little crash, a roll down the hill, through the brush, into a concrete drain area. Before I could get to her she came running out screaming and afraid that a snake was going to get her. Poor girl had scratches from her armpit to her hip bone AND her helmet had cracked. Hunter and I were as scared as she was. It was a terrifying moment trying to figure out if she had seriously hurt herself.

When I looked at the position of her bike and, knowing her helmet was cracked, I just had to stop and thank God that HE protected her. It could have been so much worse.

We managed to get close to home with her back on the bike. Asked Hunter to run ahead and get Daddy. I pushed her on my bike for a few minutes and the calvary arrived!!!!! That little girl was so happy to see her daddy.

Poor baby, she had a rough week. I can only think.....next week has to be better!

1 comment:

Holly (me.) said...

Oooh. We have a sharp turn on our way to and from school, too. So far we have not had any wipe-outs, but I periodically hold my breath when a kiddie takes that turn too fast. I am so glad that Katie was not seriously injured!

Blog Archive