One would think that being a mother of 3 kids, wife to 1 husband, owner of 2 dogs, 1 fish and sub-owner of 2 parekeets (I help Jayson out from time to time) would be enough for a woman to handle. Then add a few household chores and chauffer duties into that and it gets quite crazy around here. Sometimes it is a very delicate balancing act that has taken me years of practice to get to the point of not melting down over our schedule.
So, when my balance gets upset, I get a little upset. The latest un-balancer (is that a word?) came to me from the mouth of my own son. You see, his father (who was the initial un-balancer) informed my son that he could use his birthday money to buy 2 parakeets. Jay said to me "it will teach him a lesson, he will spend all his money and won't have any left and then he will have to work really hard to keep the birds and probably wish that he hadn't spent the money on them." Well, that lesson backfired because Jayson loves little Minnie and Daisy (cute huh?). He takes very good care of them and buys them all their supplies and researches everything he can on these birds. So (back to the unbalance), imagine my shock when Jayson came in to inform me that Minnie should be Donald! Yep, we have a Donald and a Daisy! Oh my! How in the world did that happen?
Can one sue Petsmart for undo stress on this poor mother? What in the world are we going to do? Jayson loves those birds, the girls love those birds and I have to admit, they are kinda cute....but my oh my, it doesn't take a genius to figure out boy+girl = baby birds!
Well, all I gotta say is my husband is in big trouble along with the people at Petsmart who sold us these two "gals." I have no time for this type of fiasco. No time!
Where is my lesson in this one? Well, I don't have one, but my husband sure does......he should listen to me when I say "no more pets!"
On Thursday, we go to the vet to see if for sure Minnie is a boy and if so, well.........anybody want a parakeet?
| Blog: |
| Hatfield Happenings |
Topics: |
For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
Just a few of my favorite things
- Spending time with my family
- Kisses and Hugs from my kids
- Snuggling with my hubby
- Christmas
- Singing out loud in the car
- Reading a good book
- Hanging out with friends
- Seeing new places
- PIZZA
Monday, October 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- November (8)
- December (8)
- January (4)
- February (5)
- March (3)
- April (5)
- May (4)
- June (4)
- July (5)
- August (3)
- September (9)
- October (5)
- November (9)
- December (9)
- January (5)
- February (1)
- March (3)
- April (6)
- May (2)
- June (4)
- July (1)
- August (2)
- January (1)
- February (1)
- March (1)
- April (2)
- May (1)
- June (1)
- July (2)
No comments:
Post a Comment