I am finally showing a picture of it.
This gift meant the world to me and it is one of my favorite all time gifts. It has a spot in my family room where everyone can see it and where I can continually be reminded of the belief these women have in me. A lot of you know that I had a pretty traumatic childhood, and words of encouragement were pretty hard to come by, so this beautiful hand crafted piece of art is very valuable to me.
I was inspired by this work of art around Christmas time. My friend (Janene Gaynor) has since started a business making these pieces of art and I asked her if she could do 2 pieces for me. I set to work on my project. We had to be sneaky, but the kids and I wanted to let Jay how much we loved Grammy and Papaw and how much we missed them at Christmas. So, we came up with words that reminded us of them. We all put them together and Janene made them into works of art for us. The words may not make sense to a lot of people, but the heart behind those words is astounding. My kids had very clear emotions surrounding their memories and their words and Janene was very accomodating in putting the piece together.
Here is the piece that we came up with for Papaw:
And here is the piece for Grammy:
As you can imagine, it was an emotional moment in opening these gifts. But Jay loved them. We have finally found the perfect spot for them, right in on our entryway/family room wall.
And, if you have memories you would like Scripted in Art...contact Janene Gaynor. She does a fabulous job!
1 comment:
I'm tickled that I thought your gift looked like the work of Janene... only to keep reading and find that it is indeed her lovely handiwork. Beautiful idea.
Post a Comment