I am doing this Bible study now (some of you may be doing it too) and last night I was asked to get up and give God my FIRST fruits of the day (starting today). Sounds reasonable, right? Well, let me tell you that for me, it is soooooo hard to do. I have tried. And I have failed. A LOT! I have used every excuse in the book with the number one reason being that "I am just NOT a morning person".
So, last night I just simply said "God, if you want me to get up 30 minutes before the kids, YOU are just going to have to make it happen. I want to, I really do, but I just don't ever seem to make it up".
Well, imagine my surprise when at 6:20 (EXACTLY 30 minutes before my kids get up) my phone rings. After my initial "oh my gosh, what's wrong?", I answered it. It was a teacher friend of mine calling for me to sub. And here's the kicker, she wasn't calling for today, she was calling for 2 days at the END OF FEBRUARY! Holy Cow!
She apologized for waking me and after I explained to her that I had actually prayed for God to get me up this morning to do my quiet time she said she had just finished hers and was honored God would use her to speak to me!
Now, that is just way toooooo cool!
| Blog: |
| Hatfield Happenings |
Topics: |
For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
Just a few of my favorite things
- Spending time with my family
- Kisses and Hugs from my kids
- Snuggling with my hubby
- Christmas
- Singing out loud in the car
- Reading a good book
- Hanging out with friends
- Seeing new places
- PIZZA
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- November (8)
- December (8)
- January (4)
- February (5)
- March (3)
- April (5)
- May (4)
- June (4)
- July (5)
- August (3)
- September (9)
- October (5)
- November (9)
- December (9)
- January (5)
- February (1)
- March (3)
- April (6)
- May (2)
- June (4)
- July (1)
- August (2)
- January (1)
- February (1)
- March (1)
- April (2)
- May (1)
- June (1)
- July (2)
No comments:
Post a Comment