Today is Jay's birthday....and I think I said the same thing last year, but I will say it again. It's his birthday, but WE get the gift!
What a gift Jay is to our family. His attributes as a father and husband are so many that I could never list them all. But, I will say that he is one of the most involved fathers I know. I could never do this job without his help. He does more than his share and I believe my kids are all the better for it. He is hands on and present in just about everything my children do. He watches it all: Football, Theater, Dance, Guitar Lessons, more theater, more dance and still manages to help run the carpool and take the kids out for special times. He rides bikes, plays barbies, Madden on the XBOX, American girl and paintball (no matter how painful it can be). And as my partner in life, he does his fair share of the dishes, the housecleaning and the grocery shopping. And he does it all while holding down a J-O-B to support all these things that our family enjoys doing.
What more could a woman ask for? He works so hard to provide for us, yet still is a hands on dad. I enjoy nothing more than seeing my children bask in the love that Jay gives them. I know that my son will always have a mentor before him that shows him how to be a Godly man, a good husband and wonderful dad. AND, I know that he is setting the bar really high for the man my girls will choose one day to be THEIR husbands.
I can't fail to mention that Jay's morals and beliefs are rock solid and that he is MY rock. I know that he will always think of the needs of this family before himself and that each decision he makes is prayed over and weighed heavily on his heart before coming to a conclusion. He is such a hard worker and hardly ever complains, even when he is entitled to do so.
We are very blessed, my children and I! We know it and we are thankful for it.
| Blog: |
| Hatfield Happenings |
Topics: |
For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
Just a few of my favorite things
- Spending time with my family
- Kisses and Hugs from my kids
- Snuggling with my hubby
- Christmas
- Singing out loud in the car
- Reading a good book
- Hanging out with friends
- Seeing new places
- PIZZA
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- November (8)
- December (8)
- January (4)
- February (5)
- March (3)
- April (5)
- May (4)
- June (4)
- July (5)
- August (3)
- September (9)
- October (5)
- November (9)
- December (9)
- January (5)
- February (1)
- March (3)
- April (6)
- May (2)
- June (4)
- July (1)
- August (2)
- January (1)
- February (1)
- March (1)
- April (2)
- May (1)
- June (1)
- July (2)
2 comments:
I didn't see Jay at church yesterday to wish him a Happy Birthday, so please pass the message to him!
I sure will! Thanks for thinking of him. He was working security yesterday.
Post a Comment