For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Just a few of my favorite things

  • Spending time with my family
  • Kisses and Hugs from my kids
  • Snuggling with my hubby
  • Christmas
  • Singing out loud in the car
  • Reading a good book
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Seeing new places
  • PIZZA

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Katie!

Today is the baby's birthday. Funny we still call her baby. She is 7! WOW! I can't believe she is this big. BUT, she's still the littlest in our family, so I guess that is why she is the baby.

I remember that when I found out I was pregnant with Katie it was a bit of a surprise. We had almost decided that we were going to be done with 2 and we got so busy with Jay's dad's illness that we never did anything permanent to be, well, done with 2. So, God decided for us that we were going to have Katie and she has been the best surprise present we have ever gotten.

My pregnancy with Katie was rough. I had a kidney complication and then Jay lost his job with Enron. We moved across the country and then had to find a doctor willing to take a 20 week pregnant woman with a complication. And I remember saying (several times) that this baby would be either a "wild child" or the "sweetest natured baby ever".

Well, we got the latter. Katie is the most delightful child. She always has a smile, a hug and some super charm to go with it all. She is always so loving and easy going and the first to not only ask forgiveness, but to give forgiveness. She is just precious.

Today is the day we celebrate her and it is so easy to do. She brings such laughter into our world. Such sunshine. And, she also brings us just a small bit of Bug. In fact, I often wonder if that is why we got our surprise.....so we would easily remember Jay's mother. After all, Katie is the one who looks so much like her grandmother. She loves everyone just like her grandmother and is super social, just like her grandmother. And, of course, Katie is the only one of our children to get her planner signed for talking (I won't say it but you know I am thinking it!). Then last, but not least, I am pretty sure Katie's "sense of style" came from her grandmother. LOL

So, thank you God for giving us our special little bit.....where we would be without her I shudded to think. She is truly a gift from above.

No comments:

Blog Archive