Well, today my sweet Hunter turned 10. I know every mom says this, but I just can't believe she is 10 years old.
I don't use my blog often as a "bragging post" but I do hold the right on my baby's special day to brag a little about her.
Jay and I are just so proud of Hunter. She is an amazing young woman who loves Jesus and tries hard to think about what HE would have her do in every decision. She prays faithfully for the lost every night and the children in Africa. She is so tender hearted and always so thoughtful of others. I just adore those qualities in her and am grateful for her sweet heart.
But, let's not mistake her for a pushover. Oh no, on the contrary she has quite a bit of fiest to her. And therefore she is our true red head. It is not a pretty picture if she thinks you are trying to put one over on her or if you do something to hurt someone she loves. Nope, not pretty at all.
This year has seen quite a bit of change for Hunter. For starters, she saw her first birthday go by in a very long time that she was not having some sort of severe allergy occurrence. She usually is on a high dose of medication and sometimes a steroid running through her body on her birthday. Last year, the day after her birthday she had surgery to remover her adenoids and enlarge her turbinates because her nasal passages were swollen shut. It has been 1 year now since she has started taking the shots and she is doing WONDERFUL! Yay God!
She started a new school and is doing well in 4th grade. Hunter is easy to get along with so she didn't have trouble making new friends. She joined the choir and is having so much fun! She was also blessed with a great teacher who has really helped her out through the year of "adjustment".
And this is her year of "DANCE". Last May, she did her first dance recital and caught the "dance fever". Since June she has taken no less than 3 classes a week to get herself ready for company tryouts. She is currently dancing 3 days a week and she is one determined young lady, currently taking 5 (yes, 5) dance classes a week. I don't know if she will make it, but one thing I know is that she has given it her best effort. And she should be proud of herself. I, personally, think that she is a beautiful ballerina and can't wait to see her perform on the stage in June.
God blessed us with this gorgeous, beautiful, kind and loving girl. I can't imagine what our lives would be like without her in it. I can't wait to see what the year of being 10 will bring. But then again, I wish I could slow it all down and make her 1 all over again. It's such a mixed bag of emotions seeing your child grow. Waiting to see what God has planned for her, yet yearning for her not to grow up.
Okay, now that I started my tears, it's time to say: Happy Birthday baby girl! We love you so much and we are so glad God let us have you in our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment