For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Just a few of my favorite things

  • Spending time with my family
  • Kisses and Hugs from my kids
  • Snuggling with my hubby
  • Christmas
  • Singing out loud in the car
  • Reading a good book
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Seeing new places
  • PIZZA

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Overcoming disappointment

Recently we had a piece of property taken from us. I won't go into what or how, because that isn't what is important. But, it was tough to take. You see when the item was taken, we all were just so disappointed. Not because it cost us money, but because it felt like a big violation in our trust.

I like to think our family is loving and trusting of just about anyone. We welcome anyone into our home and we love doing it. So when a piece of our property goes missing, it just really hurts.

Now, add to that that the item that went missing was an item belonging to a 13 year old boy and it gets even more complicated. You see, Jay and I have been trying to process our reactions in a "MATURE" way and that takes a few days in and of itself. But add a 13 year old's hormones into the mix and it is rough for him to accept.

But, it's been a few days and things are settling down a bit and I think, through many conversations and discussions, we are all getting to a point that we are ready to let God deal with this whole thing. Why anyone would take something from someone else is still beyond me, but God will deal with that person. And, as of yesterday morning, Jayson and I had come to an agreement that we would be praying for the person who took the item. I was proud of him that he was able to agree that any person with Jesus living in his heart would never take something belonging to someone else. And THINGS can be replaced, but souls can't. And we could never wish anyone, even someone who took something from us, to have a life without Jesus in it.

So, although there is still sadness and regret in Jayson, I am proud of him for seeing it from God's side and trying his best to be "MATURE" about the incident. I know, from personal experience that it ain't so easy.

No comments:

Blog Archive