Okay, so I can't let today go by without acknowledging that it is Holy Thursday. Each year as I sit in service and watch the story played out of Jesus' last supper with his disciples I am simply moved beyond words. Spirit filled are the words that come to my mind. Emotions fill me that, try as I might, I can't control. I simply can't keep myself from crying my eyes out.
I look around at this crazy world we live in. I look at the "norms" that occur in our world today and I think "why on earth would Jesus put himself through the torture and degradation he did for people like US?"
Why indeed? I know that I am not worthy of the sacrifice Jesus made for me. I am not worthy of the pain and suffering he endured before his death. But I am so very thankful for it.
Thank you Lord for the sacrifice you gave so that I could have everlasting life. Thank you Lord for coming to earth as a man to bear the sin of my life so that I would have the chance to live a life without condemnation. May I never forget the sacrifice you made for me and may I never take it for granted.
| Blog: |
| Hatfield Happenings |
Topics: |
For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
Just a few of my favorite things
- Spending time with my family
- Kisses and Hugs from my kids
- Snuggling with my hubby
- Christmas
- Singing out loud in the car
- Reading a good book
- Hanging out with friends
- Seeing new places
- PIZZA
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- November (8)
- December (8)
- January (4)
- February (5)
- March (3)
- April (5)
- May (4)
- June (4)
- July (5)
- August (3)
- September (9)
- October (5)
- November (9)
- December (9)
- January (5)
- February (1)
- March (3)
- April (6)
- May (2)
- June (4)
- July (1)
- August (2)
- January (1)
- February (1)
- March (1)
- April (2)
- May (1)
- June (1)
- July (2)
No comments:
Post a Comment