For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Just a few of my favorite things

  • Spending time with my family
  • Kisses and Hugs from my kids
  • Snuggling with my hubby
  • Christmas
  • Singing out loud in the car
  • Reading a good book
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Seeing new places
  • PIZZA

Friday, April 17, 2009

Taking Jesus out of Georgetown????

Okay, I can't stand it any longer. I really really REALLY try to keep neutral on my blog. I am not a political activist, I am just a mom and wife doing the best she can to raise my children with Godly morals and values in a country that gives me the right to do that.

But today, I can't do it, I just can't keep it in. I figure most of you reading this blog know my thoughts and feelings about politics anyway and if you are reading you either agree with me or agree to disagree and we remain friends.

So, warning now, if you are going to be offended by my words, please stop reading so we can remain friends.

So, today I read an article about our President asking Georgetown University to cover their "Jesus" sign before he could come there to make a speech. WHAT????!!!!???? WHY?!!!???? What in the world is that all about and why in the world would Georgetown agree to it? And not more than 2 weeks ago the President of the United States stood in front of Global leaders and denounced that this country (which was founded on Biblical principals) is not a Christian nation!

You know, I don't even know where to begin. I am so deeply saddened by the fact that the President of the Nation I love so much would stand before the world and denounce Christianity. And you know what saddens me more, is that Christians all over the world are allowing it to happen. Case in point: Georgetown agreed to his terms!

I did not vote for Obama, but I did make the decision to support my president and to not stoop as low as to say hateful degrading things about this man. But you know what, enough is enough.

If we continue to deny Christ, he is going to continue to deny us. That is just a plain and simple fact. And folks, this earth can get a whole lot worse before Jesus comes back. A whole lot worse. And I have to tell you, I wouldn't blame the Lord for letting us wallow in misery. After all, we have brought it on ourselves.

So, after my rambling I guess I just have to say. We have 4 years to see how far our new leader will take us from the Word of God and it's principles. Well, that is, if Jesus doesn't come back and take His family to Heaven. I would challenge any Christian to stop and think before the next vote. I know this last election year was tough. People were afraid and they were hungry. They wanted change. Well, is this the change you wanted? Are we willing to deny our Christ (Christianity) to place faith in a mere man? A man who has no problem standing before the world and denying the very Jesus we as Christians know laid down His life for US! Are you ready to stand in front of Jesus one day and say "Yes, Jesus, I supported a man who repeatedly denied you because I needed a job and didn't trust you to provide one for me. I had no choice Jesus, I needed that job."

Okay, so my ranting is done and since I have blogged it all, I am ready for the retribution, but please know, my anger is just for the mere fact that I love my Lord so very much and I know that all I have is given to me by Him. Even if I had no home, no food, I would have the precious gift of Salvation and that is my eternity. I think I owe it to Him to stand up for him this time. Even if my platform is this silly little blog of mine.

2 comments:

KC said...

VERY WELL SAID Kristy. You know, after I posted my blog about O- it was almost as if God made a special point to show me all the things he has done.

I agree, I would never vote for a man just to have a job or food, and I think it's time that we Christians make an active response!!

Your blog makes my jaw drop. It makes me want to write a letter to him now, in fact.

My only comfort is this. God IS sovereign. He places all rulers in power, good and bad. While we have a role in voting for the right man to lead us, He ultimately gets to put whomever He chooses. I believe that American is being corrected by this man's rule, so to rally the saints to activism! We should be silent no longer

Just my HO. :)

Kristy said...

And now National Day of Prayer has been taken from the White House....what next?

Blog Archive