This weekend was the big recital for our dance studio. The girls have worked all year for their chance to perform in front of friends and family. I have watched them since September and I too have waited anxiously to see them "under the lights". My grandma even came into town just to watch them dance.
The recital went well and we had fun watching friends dance to their songs too. It's always fun to watch others perform. All the girls did a great job.
My little Katie sassed up the stage with her attitude and smile. That child loves the spotlight and is not the least bit shy. I have to say that must be the Hatfield coming out in her. I think her Grammy would have been her biggest fan tonight!
As a mom I did a total of 14 costume changes and 14 hair changes. That's a LOT for this dance mom novice. At one point I looked at Hunter and asked her (just because I was curious) "is this worth it to you? Does this make you happier than anything in the world? Is this chaos and running around fun for you?" And my sweet angel looked me right in the eye and said "YES!!!"
You see, on this day last year (recital day) my Hunter looked at me and said "I want to be in that dance company" And considering she had only taken one little rec class, I told her that I thought she could make it but that she would have to start working at it and consider taking another class or two. One year ago she set a goal and has worked week after week on perfecting her technique and adding her sass to her dancing. She took a total of 5 classes this year just to get ready for company tryouts. Even when she had surgery and was restricted, she still went to class and walked through all the dances.
We find out in hours whether she made it or not. Honestly, we are all on pins and needles. We realize that with just 1 year of ballet and 1 year of jazz this may not be her year. And we will handle that disappointment if we must. But we are so proud of her for her hard work and she certainly showed she was ready tonight. She is such a beautiful, graceful dancer!
| Blog: |
| Hatfield Happenings |
Topics: |
For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
Just a few of my favorite things
- Spending time with my family
- Kisses and Hugs from my kids
- Snuggling with my hubby
- Christmas
- Singing out loud in the car
- Reading a good book
- Hanging out with friends
- Seeing new places
- PIZZA
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- November (8)
- December (8)
- January (4)
- February (5)
- March (3)
- April (5)
- May (4)
- June (4)
- July (5)
- August (3)
- September (9)
- October (5)
- November (9)
- December (9)
- January (5)
- February (1)
- March (3)
- April (6)
- May (2)
- June (4)
- July (1)
- August (2)
- January (1)
- February (1)
- March (1)
- April (2)
- May (1)
- June (1)
- July (2)
No comments:
Post a Comment