For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Just a few of my favorite things

  • Spending time with my family
  • Kisses and Hugs from my kids
  • Snuggling with my hubby
  • Christmas
  • Singing out loud in the car
  • Reading a good book
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Seeing new places
  • PIZZA

Friday, August 28, 2009

My boy

Well, this had been quite the month for my boy. He got to turn 14, go to New York City and make the High School tennis team! Wow! That's quite a bit for a boy who has never been 14, never been to NYC and never played tennis before this summer.

When God gave Jay and I the gift that is this child 14 years ago, we were so overwhelmed with joy that I can't find adequate words to explain the feelings. While he was a baby I watched every stage and held onto it for dear life because I would often think "hold onto this moment, because there will never be another like it".

And you know what, I was right. With each stage behind me, there was not another one like it, but what I didn't realize is that with each new stage there would be as much excitement and joy as the others. Different, yet the same. I still watch his accomplishments and become as proud (I know, pride is a sin, I try to contain it though, I really do) as I did the day he took his first steps and said his first words.

When we went to NYC for his birthday I had so much fun with him. We weren't just mom and son there, we were pals hanging out, seeing the sights and drinking in the city. I couldn't have had a better time with anyone else. He is so smart, so funny and so much fun to be around. It was such a glimpse of the man he is becoming.

I realized though, that this time was so very precious as he is now only 4 years from being out of the house and on to college. How could this be happening? I started to get a little sad at that thought.

But instead of clinging to this age, this stage, I am going to embrace it because I do know that with each new stage is going to come something exciting and new. After all, we have never been to a tennis match before and I know watching him play for the first time will be another proud moment for me and his daddy!

He is a good boy. He has a great heart and he loves the Lord. I know Jay and I still have years of work ahead of us in teaching him what he needs to know about the world, but I can confidently say that the Lord has Jayson safely in his arms and will be watching over him. This way, I can enjoy the stage instead of worrying about the next one! =)

No comments:

Blog Archive