For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Just a few of my favorite things

  • Spending time with my family
  • Kisses and Hugs from my kids
  • Snuggling with my hubby
  • Christmas
  • Singing out loud in the car
  • Reading a good book
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Seeing new places
  • PIZZA

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Happy Anniversary Jay!

Today is my 18th wedding anniversary. 18 years ago, I was a mixed up young woman who really had no idea what commitment truly meant. But for some reason, (grace I guess you could say) God placed this amazing man in my life and offered him to me as my husband. It was the moment I became Mrs. Jay Hatfield that my life started to change. I have stability, I have commitment, I have accountability and I have a rock to which I can hold onto when my storms get a little too scary for me. I have someone to share good times with and I have someone to cry with me through the bad times. I know any road I travel, Jay is right there with me. And my favorite part about my husband is that he is such a Godly man. He makes his decisions based on what he thinks God would want him to do, not on what Jay would want him to do. What more could a woman want? Well, he does do dishes, trash duty, household chores, kid duty, carpool and laundry too but those things are just perks that go along with him! =)

I love my husband. After 18 years I couldn't imagine my life without him in it. He is so amazing that I can't imagine not spending my life right by his side. God blessed me 18 years ago and for my husband I am so incredibly thankful.

2 comments:

KC said...

Happy, HAPPY anniversary!

You're making Major, MAJOR, Love history. Tee hee!

Seriously...way to go! Marriage anniversaries are definitely something to be celebrated...they take way more work to achieve than just birthdays!

KUDOS to you both!

Kristy said...

Thanks Kasey! In my world people don't stay married this long. So I am very proud of my marriage. I am also very aware that it couldn't be what it is today without God right in the dead center of it!

Blog Archive