For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Just a few of my favorite things

  • Spending time with my family
  • Kisses and Hugs from my kids
  • Snuggling with my hubby
  • Christmas
  • Singing out loud in the car
  • Reading a good book
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Seeing new places
  • PIZZA

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Waiting to see what God will do....

Yesterday our friend Brandon had surgery to remove a brain tumor. It caught everyone off guard when he was diagnosed with it and I think a lot of us were (are still) in shock. The surgery was a long and hard surgery but Brandon is now stable, praise Jesus.

Brandon is Rachel's husband. Rachel is my daughters' ballet teacher. My girls have loved Rachel since they first met her at the dance studio. She has the sweetest presence and the biggest heart. You can't help it, you just love her!

We all watched Rachel as she went through her pregnancy with little Asher. She was the cutest pregnant ballerina ever! And of course, we all were excited when little Asher came into the world. He was the cutest!!!!

I was honored and blessed when Rachel approached me about babysitting Asher toward the end of December last year. I had been subbing to try to make up the difference of the dance tuition since Hunter made company. And, although subbing was a great gig for me, it wasn't consistent and I NEEDED to make that money. So, since I love babies, I was happy to do it.

Over the past month and 1/2 my whole family has come to absolutely adore Asher. He is such a little rock star in my house (and I think he knows that too). My kids miss him when he is not here and ask for him every day when they get home from school. And while getting to know Asher, we also have come to know and adore his parents. We knew Rachel was an awesome lady, but getting to know Brandon has been lovely.

Brandon has an amazing disposition that just draws you in and makes you want to know him more. He is so easy to talk to and be around and I have never seen him NOT have a smile on his face. He also LOVES his little boy. It is so evident how much he and Asher adore each other. I remember one Friday, Brandon had been out of town and Asher was here eating when his daddy came to pick him up. Asher literally SQUEALED with delight when he saw Brandon and Brandon was grinning ear to ear because HE was so happy that Asher was so happy to see him! =)

So, knowing what an awesome little family they are, it broke my heart to hear that they were going to go down this bumpy road. But, through this last week I have seen two amazing people stand firm in their faith and shout out God's sovereignty to all who would listen. They are walking testimonies of what a life full of Christ should look like. Calling upon the Almighty each and every minute for their strength and healing. I am in awe. They are young in age, but so very wise in spiritual maturity.

I am blessed to know this family and I am eagerly waiting to see how God moves through them during this journey they are on. I know that God will be glorified, because Rachel and Brandon will make sure that all those they come in contact with will see Jesus first and foremost.

No comments:

Blog Archive