For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Just a few of my favorite things

  • Spending time with my family
  • Kisses and Hugs from my kids
  • Snuggling with my hubby
  • Christmas
  • Singing out loud in the car
  • Reading a good book
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Seeing new places
  • PIZZA

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Happy Birthday to Hunter

Friday was Hunter's birthday. Good Friday! Oh my, how did she get to be 11 and getting ready to enter Middle School? We celebrated her birthday as a family on Friday but it's actually this Saturday that she will have 11 11 years olds in the house for the sleepover. Pray for me people, pray for me. =)

I can remember the day she was born like it was yesterday....and that day too was Good Friday. Our first little baby girl. We were so excited to meet her. And who would have guessed that she would come into this world with red hair and the personality to go with it ; )

She has so much spunk, personality and self esteem that I am in awe of her. Over the past 2 years she has become quite interested in dancing and it has slowly become the thing that fills all her free time. And her father and I both agree that watching her dance is one of our favorite things to do. We are proud parents (duh!).

But with all the outward beauty that this child holds, it is her inner beauty that fills my heart with joy. Just the other day I observed her take up for a special needs child in her class. And it was after she voiced her opinion of "don't be mean to her, her life is hard" that 2 other girls joined in and defended the child with her. WOW! Not only does she get it, but she has the amazing ability to draw others in to her point of view. With that gift, she can make a huge impact on her corner of the world.

So, Happy Birthday (birthweek? we are still celebrating!) to our beautiful, spunky, smart, and compassionate red head! I can't wait to see what God does with this new year of your life!

No comments:

Blog Archive