For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Just a few of my favorite things

  • Spending time with my family
  • Kisses and Hugs from my kids
  • Snuggling with my hubby
  • Christmas
  • Singing out loud in the car
  • Reading a good book
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Seeing new places
  • PIZZA

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Say yes......

Last night we got to watch Jayson perform in his middle school play. He did a great job! We were so proud of him and his class. They really worked hard and it was evident last night at the opening of the play.
I was thankful for the distraction of the play. As Jay put it "it was nice to laugh again." It was stressful getting us all ready and there, but it was so worth the effort.

This morning I had to dress Katie like a turkey. Once again, making a turkey costume was the last thing on this earth I wanted to do last night. But, how could I not? She ended up being an adorable turkey with construction paper feathers and her sister's borrowed leggings. CUTE!

So, life continues to go on all around us, much as I try I can't make it slow down and wait for me to get ready to pick up and go again. My friend Sandra told me yesterday just to trust that God will provide the strength we need when we need it. I am clinging to that.

So, today, I choose to believe God will give me what I need to make my world come together and will give my children and Jay what they need to make it through their day. After all, he knows so much better than me what we need. He's already anticipated it, provided it and is waiting for us to take Him up on it. We just have to say "yes".

No comments:

Blog Archive