For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Just a few of my favorite things

  • Spending time with my family
  • Kisses and Hugs from my kids
  • Snuggling with my hubby
  • Christmas
  • Singing out loud in the car
  • Reading a good book
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Seeing new places
  • PIZZA

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

So today everyone but me is out the door. Jay went back to work and all the kids went back to school. I feel like the mamma bird with all her babies out of the nest. Will they be okay? What if they need me? Who will hug them when they need it?

Wait a minute........will I be okay, what if I need them? Who will hug me when I need it?

I am alone in my home today with no distractions to keep me from remembering the grief we are all facing. I have to find the will, on my own, to put one foot in front of the other and make things happen today. Someone has to unpack, go to the grocery store and do the laundry. There is a never ending list of chores to be handled. On any given day, I am ready to tackle my job without much effort at all. Today, I feel like climbing back in the bed. My feet don't want to move, they are just too tired.

Well, bed is not an option for me, so I will just have to rely on that favorite verse of mine that tells me to just trust in the Lord with all my heart and lean not on MY understanding but in all my ways acknowledge him and he will direct the paths that I will take. Even if it is just one foot in front of the other.

No comments:

Blog Archive