Today has been a long day. All of us seem to have come to our breaking point and have melted down in some form or fashion. UGH, it stinks.
Tonight when I had my meltdown, instead of bringing it home to Jay, I went to visit with our neighbors. They are a wonderful retired couple whose wisdom is such a blessing to me and my family. They just welcomed me (and Katie) in to their home with open arms and loved on us for about an hour. It was emotionally refreshing for me to spend that time with them over a cup of hot tea and just be ME. I could be honest and real and there was no judging or criticizing. Just a nice soft shoulder to cry on.
Where would Jay and I be in this world without our wise mentors? Dick has meant the world to Jay in both his personal and his spiritual growth. And his wife Paula lives up to her "mentor mom" title for certain by just loving me where I am (even if it's in an ugly place). It's a nice, safe, warm place to be when the hurts are overwhelming. I left feeling loved (adored actually, Paula's so good at making me feel adored!) and comforted and ready to start out again on this journey of grief my family is on right now.
If you don't have a mentor in your life, find one. Jay and I have many between us and we value and respect each one beyond words. We wouldn't have the marriage we do today if we hadn't relied on the wisdom of older, stronger ladies and gentlemen who have been where we are now.
I personally have 3 women in my life who I call my "3 wise women" and when life is coming at me hard, when I am facing a tough decision or when I am in a rut, I just know they will lead me through the tough time and do it with God in the fore front of their words and actions. They love me unconditionally and I KNOW it, TRUST in it and FEEL it!
So, in case I don't say it enough, I love my 3 wise women and all my mentors who care for me, teach me and help me find the way. I can't imagine life without them. I can't imagine who I would be without them and I can't imagine where my walk with Jesus would be without them helping me grow in Him daily.
Yes, if you don't have a mentor, please find one (or more). Having a mentor will bless your socks off!
| Blog: |
| Hatfield Happenings |
Topics: |
For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
Just a few of my favorite things
- Spending time with my family
- Kisses and Hugs from my kids
- Snuggling with my hubby
- Christmas
- Singing out loud in the car
- Reading a good book
- Hanging out with friends
- Seeing new places
- PIZZA
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- November (8)
- December (8)
- January (4)
- February (5)
- March (3)
- April (5)
- May (4)
- June (4)
- July (5)
- August (3)
- September (9)
- October (5)
- November (9)
- December (9)
- January (5)
- February (1)
- March (3)
- April (6)
- May (2)
- June (4)
- July (1)
- August (2)
- January (1)
- February (1)
- March (1)
- April (2)
- May (1)
- June (1)
- July (2)
No comments:
Post a Comment