See, I told you all, the world doesn't slow down just because I want it to.
Today is the first day I have been home all day with nothing to do. We chose to do Christmas lights and odds and ends. Well, time kept getting away and at 3:00 I still had on my pjs and hadn't even put in my contacts. Imagine my surprise when we had a guest show up. Not just any guest, Pastor Kyung!
Well, you can imagine the horror I felt at having him see my house in a shambles, me in my pjs and being caught with my less than perfect response to having company.
I have always struggled with having people in my home. Childhood issues, what can I say. I have a routine before guests. It goes something like this: clean like a madwoman, hide things that don't have a home, bathe the dogs so they don't smell and get us all dressed in our finest. If it doesn't sparkle and everything isn't in it's place, then people might not like me or worse yet, not want to come back to my home again. I have fought for many years to keep this horrible scenario of my mind from actually occurring. EEEEK, I would just die if it did.
Well, today it did happen and my world is still turning. I am sure Kyung still loves me (although he may be a little worried about me....call my best friends and tell them they better check on me because I show signs of depression..ha ha ha). I am quite sure he will let his little boy come play at our house again and I am sure he thinks no less of me as a person today than he did yesterday. Of course, he will probably never forget the picture of me in my pjs (which consist of lounge pants and a inside out sweatshirt on an 80 degree day).
My mother in law had an open door policy. She never worried about what her house looked like or what she looked like. You were welcome in her house at any time. She would even stop what she was doing and sit down and enjoy your company. Even offer you food and drink. She was much more concerned with people than things. She was much more concerned about relationships than with housekeeping.
I think now that I realize my world will not stop turning if all is not perfect when someone shows up at my door, my door will be open more often to friends and family. You see, we needed the prayer Kyung prayed for us today, the diversion for the constant grind in our home. We needed his love and care so much more than I need a clean house and shower (I guess that one may be up for debate depending on who you asked).
No wonder Bug was loved by so many people, she constantly put them first when they were in her home.
| Blog: |
| Hatfield Happenings |
Topics: |
For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
Just a few of my favorite things
- Spending time with my family
- Kisses and Hugs from my kids
- Snuggling with my hubby
- Christmas
- Singing out loud in the car
- Reading a good book
- Hanging out with friends
- Seeing new places
- PIZZA
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- November (8)
- December (8)
- January (4)
- February (5)
- March (3)
- April (5)
- May (4)
- June (4)
- July (5)
- August (3)
- September (9)
- October (5)
- November (9)
- December (9)
- January (5)
- February (1)
- March (3)
- April (6)
- May (2)
- June (4)
- July (1)
- August (2)
- January (1)
- February (1)
- March (1)
- April (2)
- May (1)
- June (1)
- July (2)
1 comment:
My dear will we ( and i do mean ME) ever change? How do we have a Mary heart in a Martha world?
Post a Comment