So tomorrow is the big night....Coffee Talk. I will be speaking tomorrow night and sharing my life story with a group of fabulous ladies who gather together 1 time a month to hear a speaker.
Nervous? Well, heck yeah!
And don't you know that Satan has a way of trying to worm his way into God's work. My nerves are shot and, of course, there is family drama occurring.
Poor little Hunter has broken out into hives and will require more allergy testing to figure out whether she is going to need the allergy shots or not. In order to test, one can't be on an antihistamine for 7 days. This is NOT a possibility for Hunter (or she would be miserable) UNLESS we put her on a steroid. Hunter was on a steroid 1 time when she was 4 and it was a miserable experience for us all. Well, already, after 1 dose, I can see it's not going to be much better this time around. Love her heart, she is just a moody little girl who is going to cry over everything. I pray that God will give me the heart to understand her emotional outbursts and I pray that her sister gets to survive the next 9 days. I had a talk with Katie about how her sister will be on medicine for the next 9 days and the medicine will make her a little grumpy so we must try very hard to understand. So, today, after the first dose Katie says "only 8 more days!" She is counting down!
I also have that ever existent busy-ness going on this week. 2 days of play performance for Jayson and his band recital on top of our usual schedule has me a little discombobulated. Oh, and did I mention I am sleep deprived from the hives break out? Poor Hunter itched all night 2 nights this week, so no sleep around here. And, out of respect to my husband, I won't say to much about his snoring, but it sure isn't helping me get the catch up sleep.
But, since my topic is on finding the hidden blessings, I am going to look for them now. That has to be a much better choice than dwelling on what is coming up tomorrow before I even make it to coffee talk....juggling kids, running errands, making some phone calls, and, DUH, rehearsing!
I did get to spend 2 1/2 hours with my wonderful mentor mom Tammy today and it was such a nice time. I adore Tammy and I love spending time with her. She is incredibly wise. She always says just the right things to me. I am so completely blessed to have her (and my other mentor moms) in my life. They just lift me up, care for me and love me in a way I have never really experienced before I met them. During this time Tammy told me I would be fine tomorrow. That God would use me to touch people. And you know what, I believed her. Not because I think so highly of myself, but because I trust her with every ounce of my being (and believe me, trust is not something I give out freely to just anyone).
And when my latest crisis hit this evening, I was able to pick up the phone and call Sheryl (another mentor mom) and just shoot straight to the heart of the matter about my "personal" issues. She comforted me, consoled me and then she prayed for me. Just like that. And in that prayer, she knew EXACTLY what to pray for because she knows me so well! Now, how's that for a blessing? When I got off the phone with her, I felt so much better and ready to get back on the track God needed me to be on for tomorrow night.
At this very moment, I feel my nerves easing just a bit as I sit and think about how very blessed I am to have these amazing mentors in my life. Told ya'll this blogging thing was like therapy to me! :)
| Blog: |
| Hatfield Happenings |
Topics: |
For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
Just a few of my favorite things
- Spending time with my family
- Kisses and Hugs from my kids
- Snuggling with my hubby
- Christmas
- Singing out loud in the car
- Reading a good book
- Hanging out with friends
- Seeing new places
- PIZZA
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- November (8)
- December (8)
- January (4)
- February (5)
- March (3)
- April (5)
- May (4)
- June (4)
- July (5)
- August (3)
- September (9)
- October (5)
- November (9)
- December (9)
- January (5)
- February (1)
- March (3)
- April (6)
- May (2)
- June (4)
- July (1)
- August (2)
- January (1)
- February (1)
- March (1)
- April (2)
- May (1)
- June (1)
- July (2)
No comments:
Post a Comment