For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Just a few of my favorite things

  • Spending time with my family
  • Kisses and Hugs from my kids
  • Snuggling with my hubby
  • Christmas
  • Singing out loud in the car
  • Reading a good book
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Seeing new places
  • PIZZA

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A new week

Well, I did survive last week. Jayson's play was fantastic and won a superior rating and his band did well at the recital. AND, I survived Coffee Talk and speaking in front of approximately 35 women. I actually did more than survive, I really enjoyed myself. Except for the small mishap of my heel sinking down in the hold on the stage (I didn't fall thank the Lord) I think it went quite well. The women were so responsive to me and gave me such encouragement. It was lovely.

So, this week is almost like a vacation. I subbed yesterday with my "special friends" and they always warm my heart (they are just so darn cute!). And today I have had the luxury of just hanging out in my home and relaxing a bit. NICE!

This weekend we have a nice family trip planned as a surprise for our children. It has been way too long since we have taken our kids somewhere just for fun. They are going to be so excited when they come home on Friday to find out that we are taking them to the Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine. It looks like a totally cool place to go.

I love spending time with my family doing fun stuff. It's what I used to dream of when I was younger and planning my family. Every since I saw that episode of the Brady Bunch where they went on vacation to the Grand Canyon I started planning MY family vacations in my head. So, this little retreat is so exciting for me that I am the one who can't wait! Isn't it nice that I get to live out my dreams? Isn't God so good to me?

No comments:

Blog Archive