For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Just a few of my favorite things

  • Spending time with my family
  • Kisses and Hugs from my kids
  • Snuggling with my hubby
  • Christmas
  • Singing out loud in the car
  • Reading a good book
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Seeing new places
  • PIZZA

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

This crazy world

I have said this before...I didn't start this blog to be a political statement, it's my therapy. And it just so happens that what I am going to vent about today has much to do with politics.

What is up with this crazy market and economy? What is up with all this media hype surrounding it? What in the world is the right answer to all these problems?

Well, I just don't really know. I am not paid to do that job, and can I honestly say that I do not want to do it. I actually think (no matter what the political party is) that it is a hard time to be in Washington these days. So, I will definitely be praying for wisdom and for God's will to be accomplished through each of our country's leaders.

But, let's get real here.....what is all happening in this world today WILL be used in God's plan, but this is NOT God's will. Satan has had a real hay day in this world. Greed, selfishness, ignorance and pride have taken over this whole country. Our wants for more and more and to become richer and richer are just out of control. Our pastor once said "we spend money we don't have to impress people we don't really like!" We (the American people, MYSELF included) buy houses we can't afford, drive cars we can't afford and spend money we don't have because credit is so easily available (or it WAS!). And then when we get caught we want to blame someone else for it!

But I think there is more to it than that. I think we are a world where we all believe we have this sense of ENTITLEMENT. We think we are OWED these things and the positions of power and comfort we have. And you know what, Satan couldn't be happier with our thoughts.

So, last night I truly was having a moment of panic after watching the news and I really started to get scared. And then I heard God's voice say to me "don't be afraid, I am in control. Focus on having your family ready for the day they meet me and don't worry about the rest". And then I also realized that I am so guilty too of thinking that I deserve what I have because we work so hard for it. And I immediately prayed for forgiveness at those thoughts and asked God to heal me of my way of thinking.

This song gently brings me back to where I need. It's NOT because of who I AM, but because of who HE IS.





No comments:

Blog Archive