Katie's tonsil will come out November 20th. I honestly don't know if I am looking forward to it or dreading it. On one hand, I know sleep will come so much easier on her, but on the other I can't see much past the pain she will endure.
Pain....
Why is it that each time we get to the point of change in our lives, often change for the good, we have to endure the pain to get there? I mean why does every stinking thing have to be so hard? I know, I know everything isn't really hard, but it sure seems lately around here it is. I guess if you came to my blog today for one of my chipper lessons, I have let you down. Sorry about that.
You see, I have a daughter who is going through separation anxiety to the max and quite honestly it wears a person down after a while. She struggles for control in every situation. Why? Fear maybe, or maybe PAIN? She has sure felt enough of that over the past 18 months. She actually told me in the car the other day that she missed her grammy and papaw so bad that she couldn't hardly stand it. PAIN! That pain jabbed me straight to the heart. I felt it for her, I really did. So, because of her pain, I feel pain. I hurt so bad that I can't hardly stand it! I wish I could fix it for her, but I can't. It's like the tonsils, she has to feel it for a while so she can push through to the healing.
Katie's doctor assures me that the pain from the tonsils will be temporary and that when we come out on the other side, we are going to be so happy with the results. If this is the same way God operates (no pun intended), then could someone tell Him, that we are ready for healing to begin. I am sure we will be glad in the end that we endured the pain and we will see the lesson for it, but when we are in the middle of it, it pretty much stinks.
So, there you go....my downer of a blog. I don't do it very often, but sometimes a girl just has to come clean. Maybe it's the beginning of the healing???? The beginning of the end of the pain? Sure hope so!
| Blog: |
| Hatfield Happenings |
Topics: |
For I know the plans I have for you....Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
Just a few of my favorite things
- Spending time with my family
- Kisses and Hugs from my kids
- Snuggling with my hubby
- Christmas
- Singing out loud in the car
- Reading a good book
- Hanging out with friends
- Seeing new places
- PIZZA
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- November (8)
- December (8)
- January (4)
- February (5)
- March (3)
- April (5)
- May (4)
- June (4)
- July (5)
- August (3)
- September (9)
- October (5)
- November (9)
- December (9)
- January (5)
- February (1)
- March (3)
- April (6)
- May (2)
- June (4)
- July (1)
- August (2)
- January (1)
- February (1)
- March (1)
- April (2)
- May (1)
- June (1)
- July (2)
No comments:
Post a Comment